Vandalism temporarily causes C-building entrance detour

Campus Crimestoppers offer reward

Gabi Jensen, writer, photographer, Legacy section editor

An act of vandalism aimed at the C-building entrance last week has Campus Crime Stoppers and Hays County Sheriff’s Office asking the public for help.

As seen on security video, some time in the early morning hours on Monday, February 11 a suspect is described as a male, 5’6-5’8 tall, slim build, wearing a bluish colored pullover sweater walked up to the front doors of the CTE Building and poured white paint all over the front doors.

Officials say the vandalism caused roughly $2,100 in damages. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information leading police to an arrest.

Blocked off: The CTE building front doors were closed off to students almost all day while the doors were being cleaned.

Officials say information from the public has been limited, with many students unaware that the vandalism even happened.

“I really had no idea what had happened or why the doors were closed off,” Amber Diaz,

From the outside looking in: C-building front doors were taped off and inaccessible all of Monday, Feb. 11, due to vandalism. Many students were tardy due to the detour during passing periods.

11, said.

Hardest hit in the clean-up detour was the JROTC, as student traffic was routed through their building. This caused frustration as they became a revolving door for students.

“They made our section smell awful, and with people walking through the corridor at almost all hours it was incredibly hard to concentrate on our work,” Cpl. Jacob Cullen, 10, said.

Anyone having information can contact at 1-800-324-8477, or submit a tip at P3tips.com from anywhere.