The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

Bristol Raymond at Beyond Hays.
Beyond Hays: Celebrating the next phase
Marcella Garza-Gongora, Legacy photographer • May 4, 2024

View this post on Instagram   A post shared by HaysHSMedia (@hayshsmedia)

Prom royalty crowned

Prom Queen and King, Kyrah Guyton and Donovan Santine (Jade Ceballos)

Saturday’s Prom at the Hyatt Regency on Lake Austin was a big success, with the food, professional photos, and photo booth being a big hit with everyone.

With a lot of people running for prom royalty this year, the stakes were high and everyone was thrilled to see the outcome.

This year’s Prom King, Donovan Santine said, “A big vote like prom king and queen can really put things into perspective. For the majority of my schooling years, I have been very introverted and mainly kept to myself. Seeing that my efforts to be more social and outgoing recently have gotten me the highest levels of recognition and achievement through Prom King fills me with contentment and fulfillment that my efforts have paid off. Younger me would be astonished to see the growth that we have made.”

To finish it off, this year’s Prom Queen, Kyrah Guyton, said, “Winning Prom Queen was such a surreal experience. I’m overwhelmed with joy to be able to share this experience with all the people I love. I’m especially grateful to be able to say that I made little Kyrah proud.”

Natalie Rocha, a prom queen nominee said, “Running for prom queen was a fun and impulsive decision, but overall it was nice. Though I didn’t win I had a fun time with the voting process and I’m proud of Kyrah. She’s lit.”

Bristol Raymond, a prom king nominee said, “I loved running for King and was incredibly excited by the energy from all of the great candidates on the ballot. Naturally, I was sad about not winning, but being surrounded by my friends and seeing the smile on Donovan, one of my bestest friend’s, face when he won. I was reminded of how great God is and how incredibly blessed I am with the joyous and sweet people around me.”