The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

Powderpuff football
Powderpuff football highlights
Guerin Bernardin and Alexa YbarraMay 15, 2024

Pink Out Spirit Week

“Pop Out” for Pink out!

Over the past week, students were asked to dress up in a series of pink-themed days to show student support for Women’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The first day of the week, Monday, was Barbie versus Ken. Tutu Tuesday was about dressing up in bright, festive, pink tutus. Then on Wednesday people were dressed in their best pink pajamas. Thursday, students were asked to wear their brightest pink wigs. Then, Game Day came; students went all out for pink-out at school and the varsity football game. Hays celebrated with a pink-out pep rally to show parents and staff the “pinkalious” support from the students. The pep rally was a huge success with pink performances and fun, creative games. This is where the cheer team, high steppers, and color guard members performed to spread the support around the school. Friday night is when everyone “popped out” for pink out.  Many students and parents showed up in pink, along with everyone on the field in a display of their love and enthusiasm. The pink spirit was not lost even when Hays took a loss.

Coach Payne, Coach Duggan, and Mr. Glaister pose for an exciting picture during the class yells competition. (Nicole Duggan )
The Hays High Steppers get ready to preform at the pink-out pep rally. (Nicole Duggan)
The Hays Cheer team poses after an amazing performance at the pink-out pep rally. (Nicole Duggan )

Shout out to the student council, who put lots of effort into coming up with the dress-up days and spreading it across the school with their very decorative social media post (shown on the side).