The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

Powderpuff football
Powderpuff football highlights
Guerin Bernardin and Alexa YbarraMay 15, 2024

New drop from The Beatles

First single released since their last album in 1970

The Beatles have officially dropped their new 2023 single (released November 2) “Now and Then”, but what makes this single so unique is it was made with the help of AI and archival recordings. Partnering with producer Jeff Lynne, The Beatles – Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr – used demo recordings of the late John Lennon’s voice to create this new masterpiece.

The recordings that McCartney had received from Yoko Ono, the widow of John Lennon, contained four track demos: “Free As a Bird,” “Real Love,” “Grow Old With Me,” and “Now and Then.” The first two were recorded by Lennon’s former comrades, but they decided not to record “Grow Old With Me,” which was included on the posthumous Milk & Honey album in 1984.

Featuring all 4 original members voices, they sing and play an eccentric music story. Originating from John Lennon’s unfinished songs, but years later, they have come together. Expressing love and musical brotherhood.

Paul McCartney was determined to get this demo to be produced. He heard something in Johns song that no one else could. The song “Now And Then” incorporates several elements of the group’s distinctive sound and has a moving chorus that has the voices of McCartney and Lennon harmonizing as they say “I miss you.”

Go give it a listen yourself : “Now And Then” by The Beatles