The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

Hays Media seniors reflect on their time on staff.
Class of '24 Hays Media
May 10, 2024

Prom: A Secret Garden

Art by Isabella Garibay-Flores

This Saturday, April 20th, our junior class officers organized this year’s prom, Secret Garden.

The venue for this year’s prom is gonna be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Austin, which is a lot nicer than where we held it previous years, at the Sunfield Station.

Prom tickets started at $85. Parking for the Hyatt Regency Hotel will be $12 dollars.

They will also have two appetizers served with drinks, a photo booth, and professional photos.

Diego Riojas, 11, said,”This year I didn’t wanna go to prom because they spent majority of the budget on the venue and I heard it was gonna be lacking in decorations and that’s a big think I lile at events like this.”

Nayla Nehme, 12, said, “I’m excited to dress up and take cute pictures with my boyfriend this year.”

Bristol Raymond, 12, said, “This year’s prom is going to be special for our entire senior class since it’s one of our last big events together. This is my third prom at Hays and I’m looking forward to making the best memories yet. I’m incredibly excited to run for King this year because I love this school and all the great friends I’ve made along the way, shoutout the Project groupchat! Hawk yeah!”

Kyrah Guyton, 12, said, “Prom is just the night of nights, it’s like I’m celebrating getting this far through school and serves as a reminder to romanticize life and take in all the little moments. Running for prom queen has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl, you see it in movies and it’s easy to dream about me being up there one day and truly feel like a princess. Honestly I want to do it for little Kyrah.”