The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

The student news site of Hays HS

Hawk Highlights

Powderpuff football
Powderpuff football highlights
Guerin Bernardin and Alexa YbarraMay 15, 2024

The JV ‘Demon’

Gabriel Alejandro Jr.

Gabriel Alejandro started his football career at the age of 6 with the simple game of flag football.

This is where it started, where he first fell in love with the game.

Playing in a team brought him so much excitement to be able to do something that he really enjoyed. I had asked him what had inspired him to play football out of all these sports that are offered. What made him choose football, was his father Gabriel Alejandro.

Gabe said “My father, he was my role model for everything he taught me everything I know about football and other sports.”

Gabe said his father is really the reason he keeps playing this “beautiful game.”

Gabe follows the varsity team to each one of their games saying it’s to help out and write down the plays they call out on the field. This is important so they can go back and look at which plays were called out on that specific down.

Gabriel Alejandro Jr. is the future of our football team. He takes our JV team to victory every time.

There is no doubt about it that the future varsity team is in good hands with Gabe as quarterback when the class of 2024 is gone and graduated.

View Comments (1)